ONE MONTH IN THE BLOGOSPHERE
Well I've officially been blogging for one month! How exciting! Here are some things that have been on my mind when thinking about my blog:
1. I was so nervous for my first blog post. I got so much positive feedback though that I couldn't help but smile.
2. I bought my domain name. YAYYYYY!!!! I was so pumped AND it was cheap! I read a lot of tips from big bloggers saying that if this is something you want to continue doing, then to go ahead and buy your domain name. It'll help you develop your brand, be easier for readers to remember, and might be taken later on down the road.
3. I'm feeling the pressure. I feel like there's so much pressure in the blogosphere to post crafty things and tutorials and beauty tips. Although I LOVE blogs that have all of these elements and I definitely want to incorporate them in my own blog, I'm a full-time college student/Student Government Graphic Designer/library worker. I'm going to try to post crafts and beauty tutorials when I have time. However, if I want to get a little personal from time-to-time, post pictures from the web, or just post some graphics...I'm going to. All of the big bloggers say to be true to yourself when it comes to blogging, right?
4. I love my sweet readers! I don't have that many but the ones that I do have are completely awesome! Everyone has been so encouraging and positive. Trust me, I check out every single blog who comments. (Comment with your blog name and I'll go follow ya on Bloglovin'!)
5. I could get into this. I see several people who no longer blog for a hobby and rather do it as a career. I'm not saying that would be me but wouldn't it be exciting?! I would love love love to do this.
6. Selling ad space. Now obviously I wouldn't get into this for at least a year, once I'm totally in my blogging zone. But it has been on my mind. What are your thoughts?
7. Incorporating guest posts. Hey fellow bloggers, let's link up! I love guest posts and feel like it's a great way to branch out.
8. Should I change up my design? I like my current one and I feel like it let's the content draw more attention. But should I spice up my header and color scheme? Make it more colorful?
I appreciate them as always!